Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Super Great Saturday

Today was a Saturday to end all Saturday's. The wifey and I slept in to 7:30. She made a very nice breakfast while I caught up on my bit-niz.

After breakfast, I started a weekend project. We have lived in our house for almost 11 years. Stuff is starting to wear out. Last week, I noticed that our cutting board was wearing a bit thin. This is because it is super cheap. It is not even made of plywood. Why would they make the cabinets out of solid oak and put in a cheap-o cutting board? It is MDF with a thin plywood laminate. Cheap! I decided to fix it.
Some birch and leftover Brazilian mahogany from a previous project.



This is the only part of the old cutting board that was actually oak. I am putting it back on to match the cabinets.
While the project was drying, we all went for a road trip. I noticed that the Fresno State agriculture lab was in full bloom so the youngest and I went out to take some pictures. The wifey and the eldest dropped us off and continued to Home Depot to buy plants for the yard.
These are two of the pictures we took. My friend Josh from church has been doing HDR pictures lately. I have not done an HDR for a while so I decided to give it a go. These are both a combination of 7 pictures ranging from -3 to +3 EV. I combined them in Photoshop.


When we got home, the wifey and kids got to work on the yard while I started doing a lot of sandpapering. I hope to have a picture of the finished project up tomorrow.
We finished the day off by ordering a pizza and relaxing.
It was a good day!



1 comment:

Swan Man said...

Wow, that HDR stuff is pretty cool. I read the entire tutorial, and understood about half of it. Now if I just had an extra couple of thousand dollars for a good camera and Photoshop CS2! The links to your pictures are broken. You need to fix that so we can open them to their full size. See this post for instructions - http://swanmanblog.blogspot.com/2008/12/fixing-your-pictures.html