Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Fun Stuff Teachers Do

Every job has fun stuff that you can do.

When you are a teacher, here is something really fun you can do. This week we were taking the California Standards Test. It basically is me handing out a big book and a scantron then watching for the next two hours to make sure someone does not cheat. The test directions say, "If you finish early, find a quiet activity to do." Well, this unnamed student decided to take a nap. Since that is the quietest thing he has done all year, I let him do it. As the test ended, I noticed that he was really out so I wrote on the board..."everyone exit really quietly" and then pointed to the sleeping student. The class played along and I was successful in getting all 35 students out without waking him. Once they were out, I stood at the door and let other students and staff members peek in to see. When he woke up, he was being watched by 3 other teachers. I was really hoping he would continue to sleep as I was going to try to get the next class in their seats and working before I woke him. (I actually pulled that one off during the 2005-2006 school year.) Sorry that the quality is low and looks as if I took it with my cell phone. I took it with my cell phone and was laughing too much to hold still.

No comments: