Saturday, November 29, 2008

Big Blog Catch Up

We have been busy having all kinds of fun. Now that we stopped for a minute, here is what we did over the last few days.

Turkey for me, turkey for you! I'm eating turkey like a good boy should. It's turkey... so good!

The annual preparation of the bird is kind of a ritual around the Weaver household. I have a notebook that I keep from year to year with past recipes. Here is this years bird.

We soaked it in brine for 36 hours.



Next it was smoker time. This is by far the finest way to prepare the bird.

8 Hours later


Mmmm, that's good bird.

On Thanksgiving we got a hand me down scooter from my brother. My niece has her learners permit and is no longer interested in riding scooters. After about 2 hours of cleaning, repair and a couple new tubes; it was roadworthy.


After all that fun, our friends the Thurman8ers came over for homemade sushi. It was tasty goodness.



Thurman8er enjoyed his sushi a lot.

1 comment:

Thurman8er said...

That is, by far, the finest picture of me that has ever been taken.