Monday, February 25, 2008

A Very Sad Day


Zach and I just got home from camp yesterday to find out that while we were up in the mountains, Christian Rock Legend Larry Norman passed away. Larry's music was inspirational to me when I first became a Christian and I still listen to it even now. I think back to running around in Losey's 68 Camaro with Shamp and Lackey while blasting "In Another Land" and "Just Visiting This Planet." on the 8-track. As a matter of fact, this Blog is in part named after a Larry Norman song. "I am not of this planet... I'M JUST PASSIN THROUGH." Larry will be missed.
Here is what Larry had to say before on Saturday.
I feel like a prize in a box of cracker jacks with God's hand reaching down to pick me up. I have been under medical care for months. My wounds are getting bigger. I have trouble breathing. I am ready to fly home.
My brother Charles is right, I won't be here much longer. I can't do anything about it. My heart is too weak. I want to say goodbye to everyone. In the past you have generously supported me with prayer and finance and we will probably still need financial help.
My plan is to be buried in a simple pine box with some flowers inside. But still it will be costly because of funeral arrangement, transportation to the gravesite, entombment, coordination, legal papers etc. However money is not really what I need, I want to say I love you.
I'd like to push back the darkness with my bravest effort. There will be a funeral posted here on the website, in case some of you want to attend. We are not sure of the date when I will die. Goodbye, farewell, we will meet again.
Goodbye, farewell, we'll meet againSomewhere beyond the sky.I pray that you will stay with GodGoodbye, my friends, goodbye.
Larry

No comments: